Frequently Asked Questions
Making Class Reservations
To secure a spot in your favorite classes, we encourage you to become a member or purchase a package and make a reservation ahead of time. Once you have an active pass, you can reserve online by clicking “Sign up Now” for any classes you’d like to attend.
Yoga Junkie Studio Etiquette
• Be on time. Please be seated in the yoga room a few minutes before the start of each class. Each class is organized with a beginning, middle and end, all of which contribute to your experience. If you come in late to class, you not only miss a part of this experience but you will disrupt the yoga experience for someone else as well.
• Turn off cell phones and pagers when entering the yoga space.
• In order for us to preserve our floors, we ask that you take off shoes before entering the yoga room.
• Roll your mat out quietly and please move your mat if needed when making room for more students in a crowded class.
• Please be considerate of other students by keeping your voice down when a class is in session or when entering or leaving the yoga room.
• If you need to leave the yoga room, please do so in between postures. When returning please do the same.
• It is your responsibility to inform the instructor if you are pregnant or have any injuries before class.
• Please avoid leaving early. If you do need to leave early, please kindly let the teacher know before class and do so before savasana begins.
• Do not bring food or open containers in the yoga room. Please refrain from chewing gum during class.
• New Students are required to sign a waiver prior to participating in their first class, arrive a few minutes early.
• While taking a class or workshop, please store personal items on one of the storage shelves/spaces available. You are responsible for your personal belongings, Yoga Junkie Studio is not responsible for any lost items.
• Practice propasana: please put all yoga props away neatly and fold blankets.
• If you tend to sweat or are attending a hot yoga class, bring a towel to class.
• Please support our intention of creating a non-competitive and peaceful environment.
• Consistent yoga practice is necessary to obtain maximum benefits. Remember to rest when necessary, to work at your individual level and to respect your body’s current physical state.
General Preparation for Class
• It is not recommended to practice yoga on a full stomach, eat a couple hours before class time.
• Wear comfortable and loose exercise clothing that permits freedom of movement.
• Please observe basic hygiene when attending a yoga class.
• Refrain from wearing perfume, cologne or scented oils during class, as some people do have allergies.
• Bring your own yoga mat or be prepared to rent one for $1.00. We also sell yoga mats in our boutique if you would like to purchase one.